Differences between Laser & IPL Hair Removal treatments
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS IS AVAILABLE AT THERAPOLIS
Both Laser and IPL (or Photolysis as it is called in Cyprus) work in the same way for hair removal, a process called selective photothermolysis. They transmit light which is absorbed by the melanin (pigment) in the hair follicle. When the light is absorbed it turns to heat and fuses the supply of blood to the follicle. By fusing the supply of blood, the hair can no longer regrow, resulting in hair removal.
However, there are significant differences as to how this light energy is produced and transmitted. These differences can a great impact on effectiveness, comfort and safety of the treatment. Both Lasers and IPL’s have plus points but they are also have downsides.
In this article we will explain everything you need to know about these differences so you can make an informed decision.
Differences between Laser & IPL (photolysis) hair removal treatments:
1. Lasers are single wavelength devices – IPL’s are multiple wavelength devices.
At Therapolis our device combines the very best of Laser technology with the very best of IPL technology.
A further significant advantage of Therapolis’ Laser-IPL Hair Removal device is the Variable Pulse technology which is a unique patented technology allowing for the additional configuration of the form of pulse to smooth, long and high. More on Variable Pulse technology and its advantages can be found here.
2. Lasers do not distinguish between the hair follicle and the surrounding skin, which is the reason why with Laser treatment skin damage is a commonly reported phenomenon.
The IPL protocol targets only the hair follicle and minimizes damaged to the surrounding skin.
The Therapolis Laser-IPL Hair Removal technology is the safest available anywhere. We treat only the hair and leave the surrounding skin undamaged.
3. Lasers use a single treatment beam of light. IPL’s use a large treatment head with a dispersed multi-beam. The Laser’s beam travels only to the same depth, whereas IPL’s beam travels to various depths.
The difference plays a large role in determining the increased levels of possible side effects with Laser against IPL, and also contributes significantly to the increase in pain a patient feels when treated with Laser as opposed to IPL.
The Therapolis Laser-IPL Hair Removal technology is the most comfortable treatment device available globally. You feel absolutely no pain whatsoever with zero side effects.
4. The amount of patient pain during Laser treatment is one of the major factors as to why patients chose IPL treatments. With the unique contact cooling system of our Laser-IPL Hair Removal device, patients routinely report a painless treatment. The added benefit of this 0°C cooling technology is effect of skin analgesia and the prevent ion of side effects as seen in Laser treatments, such as scarring.
The Therapolis Laser-IPL Hair Removal technology is the most comfortable treatment device available globally. You feel absolutely no pain whatsoever with zero side effects
5. Due to the small treatment head size, Laser treatments not only take significantly longer than IPL treatments, but are also substantially more expensive.
The Therapolis Laser-IPL Hair Removal technology uses a large treatment head making the treament the quickest possible and the most competitively priced. It is also the most comfortable.
6. IPL treatments don’t just eliminate the hair, it also shocks the area where the root grows and welds it shut stopping the blood flow to the hair follicle. Without any blood flow, the hair can no longer grow and permanent hair removal is achieved. Laser treatments, on the other hand, only burn it. The mere burning leaves open the possibility, that future hair growth is possible after the follicle has healed. Indeed, it is also commonly reported that hair re-growth is a widely experienced with Laser treatment.
At Therapolis, our Laser-IPL hair removal treaments are the most effective available anywhere.
7. A major contraindication for Laser treatment is tanned skin and also treatment during the summer months. With a location such as Cyprus, with its long summer and beach culture, patients limit their Laser treatments to the off season.
The Therapolis Laser-IPL Hair Removal device comes with exclusive and unique Summer season technology which allows for safe treatment on both tanned skins and during the summer months. In Cyprus, this is a significant reason for choosing treatment at Therapolis and is one of the significant reasons as to why we have chosen this ground-breaking technology
8. The ability to utilise multiple differing wavelengths with an IPL allow for treatment of a variety of different skin conditions: Permanent Hair Reduction, (Non-invasive, clean and painless treatment for permanent reduction of hair on any body area); Skin Rejuvenation (Achieve better glow and texture to obtain a younger and fresher look by stimulating neocollagenesis in the face, neck, upper chest and hands); Vascular & Pigmented Lesions (Effective treatment for a range of lesions such as sun spots, age spots, telangiectasia, rosacea and melasma; Acne & Acne Scars (Ideal drug-free treatment for mild and moderate inflammatory acne).
Due to the Laser devices single wavelength configuration, the same Laser cannot treat differing skin conditions. Therefore, multiple devices are required to treat these varying skin conditions. Due to the prohibitive costs of multple devices clinics typically use the same Laser for various treatments which is a contributing factor to patients reports of unsatisfactory results.
It represents the best of both worlds and a first in the field of Laser-IPL Hair Removal technology to provide you with the results you deserve.
Find out more: Laser-IPL Hair Removal